“I visited the site. It’s outstanding.
I looked at every page, and you’ve made it succinct, creative and user-friendly.”
→ - Hank Moore, Speaker and Think tank for 5 U.S. Presidents.
Commenting on a site by Ockfen & Associates.
Welcome to my site
I am a Lakewood-based tech and marketing guy. I’ve been doing B2B web management for 15+ years. Learn more about my work by browsing my site.
If you are looking for information on Ockfen Land Enterprises, LLC – click here.
1990-1994Fairhaven College, an institution within WWU, is a liberal arts college similar to Evergreen State College.
Western Washington University, Bellingham WA
BA Degree: Interdisciplinary Studies (Fairhaven College), 1994.
2000-2001It was an exciting time to be in Bellevue College's Web Authoring program. At the time it was one of the few programs of it's kind. Partially funded by Microsoft and located in one of the nation's tech centers.
Bellevue College, Bellevue WA
Web Authoring Degree, Media Communications, President’s List, 2001.
1989-1992I went on 3 Anthropology/Archaeology trips with Pierce College professor and author Dale McGinnis
Pierce College, Tacoma WA
Anthropology/Archaeology, President’s List, 1992.
2001 to PresentOckfen & Associates
Project & Senior Product Manager
Launched a web design service that realized positive cash flow and real profits in the first year of operations. Researched market trends and employed successful strategies that ultimately created visually appealing web designs for customers’ projects. Listened to the web design development and marketing consensus of industry professionals and created a business profile.
Project manage all phases of website creation and maintenance encompassing software selection, designing literature, new development design, modify existing designs, implement QA procedures/practices, marketing management and communication, and business development with full responsibility for startup and growth strategies in highly competitive business environments. Hire, construct and project lead outsourced programmers; work closely as a team to ensure quality and product launch in a timely fashion.
• Designed and emplaced a computerized financial system that enhanced billing process and setup client databases to efficiently track AP/AR status, which radically reduced labor costs.
• Consult with clients to develop e-commerce website strategies with the ultimate goal of increasing web- site exposure and e-commerce.
• Own, operate and publish affiliate marketing websites. Cited as one of the ‘Top’ Affiliates for Lamps Plus in 2008. Employ Google Adsense, and also an active member of the Commission Junction and Linkshare Networks. Example URLs available.
2008-2011Pierce College, Center of Excellence Homeland Security
Webmaster / UI Designer / Social Media Manager
Designed, built and maintain website and multimedia production, including blogging and social media for Center of Excellence (COE) Homeland Security, a coalition of 34 Washington State community and technical colleges. And to include public agencies, private sector organizations and communities. Report directly to Director on homeland security topics acting as a critical driving force designing cutting-edge technology social media encompassing Facebook and Twitter.
• Improved emergency planning for disasters and emergencies.
• Enhanced communication and outreach to the First Responder community.